Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Joy's of being Mr. Mom

I've been Mr. Mom for about 5 months now and it has been an en-lighting experience and I suggest every father at least once gives it a shoot for at least a week.  This is definitely a full time job with no monetary benefits but the joy you receive goes beyond anything money could ever give. I love my kids very much and now more then every.  I've got to watch then grow and teach them every day these past few months.  Watch them hug each other and play and of course the boys love to play fight with daddy :D .  The house work is another story, Men just aren't made to do this full time. 

Now why it has its "Joy's" there are the other times.... Screaming kids, hitting each other.  Tearing up everything in the house from the couch, to making "art" on the walls.  Throwing there food on the floor or at each other.  Playing with there baby sister like she is there size.  One time I caught my 2 year old standing in his window in his room completly naked waving at the neighbors... that was fun.  I don't see them as much as I use to.  Cade, the eldest loves his Video games and when I say loves it ... the best way to punish that kid is take then away for a few days (but then he just beats on his brother or "convinces" him to do things that he knows will get him in trouble... *cough* sounds like me when I was a kid.)  Cade has this chewing problem and has chewed up controllers (that cost $50) where there is no padding at all and just a hard plastic stick, and we cannot have corded ones cause he chews them as well.  He chews his shirt's up, straws... this boy has a problem.  Now my little gril Japhia has no wrong she is my angel expect that she gets into everything... that gril can crawl 0-60 in 3 secs (by 60 I mean 60 inches) but thats fast! 

I've learned alot from my kids and being Mr. Mom... I love this job but it doesn't pay the bills and I'll have to give it up very soon.  Currently being "processed" or having a background check and drug test being run for West Corp... a call center job and I think I'll be accepted!  Well thats another story.

Again every man should trying being Mr. Mom for at least a week and you will have a whole new respect for your wives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment